Simon Dye is a CIM founding Chartered Marketer and an ecommerce expert with wide ranging business experience- who is creating and helping a number of world leading profitable companies.
• Awarded Membership of the Association of the MBAs 2012.
• Elected Technology Ambassador for the Chartered Institute of Marketing’s South West of England Regional Board 2011.
• Chairman of the Chartered Institute of Marketing’s Market Interest Group Board 2007/8.
• Created Fellow of the Chartered Institute of Marketing 2007. Elected Chairman of the Chartered Institute of Marketing's South West of England and South Wales Regional Board of Trustees, 2005/6.
Winner of Business Link Gloucestershire's inaugural "Lifetime e-Business Award" 2004.
Created and heads the first financial services website to achieve the new Consumers' Association, DTI and Trust UK backed new online standard by the SafeBuy Assurance Scheme.
Created and heads the first ecommerce company to be reassessed as continuing to be an Investor In People organisation.
Finalist in the "Excellence in Marketing" Award by the British Business Awards Association.
Declared to be "Highly Recommended" in Business Link and the South West of England's Smart Thursday's e-Xemplar for helping local businesses to make online marketing profits.
Past Honorary Chairman of the Chartered Institute of Marketing's Gloucestershire Branch.
Created and heads the first ecommerce company to be recognised as an Investor In People organisation.
Created and heads the first financial services website offering loans and mortgages to achieve the Consumers' Association's Which? WebTrader standard.
Created and heads the first retail website to be created a Millennium Product by the Design Council and the Department of Trade and Industry.
Chairman & Founder Feb. 98 to Date- WiseMoney.com Ltd
Managing the full project life cycle of- researching, briefing, develops, markets, analyses, tests, improves, ongoing search engine optimisation and submission strategies and expands 275 award winning financial services websites to 27 countries- and already achieving the additional accolades:
* Case Study feature in the "International Journal of New Product Development & Innovation Management", Dec/ Jan 2001.
* Double page spread personal feature in "Ambassador" - "the Magazine for Members of the Association of MBAs", Dec 2000.
* Finalist in the British Business Awards Association's "Investor In People" Awards for our HR recruitment and training initiatives- Nov 2000.
* Showcased free feature in the book "Here's to the best of British" published by the Design Council in Autumn 2000.
* Four page feature article written by the Editor in the "Investor In People" magazine in Autumn 2000.
* Internet Magazine ranked WiseMoney.com as one of the top seven leading UK financial services websites in April 2000.
* WiseMoney.com was Commended as "demonstrating an exemplary use of electronic commerce" by the Department of Trade & Industry & the Information Society Initiative's E-Commerce Awards- 1999.
Part Time Strategic Consultant- Ongoing
Advising the following organisations on developing and successfully implementing their Communication, Marketing, Financial, HR and IT Strategies: American Marketing Association, BabyAmaze.co.uk, Bluzu, BrightSparks.co.uk, Chartered Institute of Marketing, Chartered Management Institute, Clerical Medical, Gloucestershire Innovation Centre, LoanClix.net, MCSL (IFA), Praetorian Financial Services, Sachs Ansomer, Prince's Trust Business Mentor, Pubs2000.com, Strategic-i, TimeWave.co.uk, UBE Communications, University of Leicester, Welsh Assembly and the Welsh Development Agency.
Part Time Associate Tutor 2003-Ongoing University
Master of Science (MSc) in Finance course for their Business School Management Centre
Business Consultant Nov 94- Feb
Added B2B value by researching, proposing, implementing and overseeing successful new business processes and change management projects for Anchor Foods, Contact Internet Marketing, Images Publishing, MCSL, Sachs International and U.B.E. Telecommunications, where I:
Assisted companies to grow by improving their customer services, increasing their turnover by up to 200%- increased prices, unit sales and profits- all at the same time with improved customer satisfaction levels.
Marketing Consultant Feb 91-
Improved B2B business at Axis Communications, Football League, Sachs International and U.B.E Communications with the relevant elements of the marketing mix.
Senior Account Manager Dec 89-
Jan 91- Advertising & Marketing Communications
Headed client handling department of 12 staff including Radio, Press, Magazines, PR, Direct Mail, Inserts, Brand Management and Sales Promotions campaigns for clients: Bovis Homes, British Telecom, British Steel, Football League, Renault and Truckworld.
Account Manager Sept 87- Nov
89- Aspect Hill Holliday
Initiated and managed TV, Radio, Press, Magazines, Direct Mail, Inserts, Brand Management, Point of Sale and Sales Promotion campaigns for clients: Arthur Andersen, Barclays Mercantile Business Finance, Glenfiddich, Lanson Champagne, Lever Brothers, Mercantile Credit, Muscular Dystrophy Group, Wang, William Grants and Wimpey Homes.
Account Executive July 85- Aug
87- Saatchi & Saatchi Advertising
Implemented and analysed TV, Radio, Press, Magazines, Direct Mail, Inserts and Sales Promotion campaigns for clients: Avis, Anchor Foods, British Airways, Capital Radio, Conservative Association, Cunard, GUSCO, Mars Confectionery, NCR and London Zoo.
Previous work experiences included: sales representative, 1984-85 for Shipton Communications (DTW) and an administrator for Gloucestershire County Council 1981-84.
Member of the Association of MBAs 2012.
Created a Fellow of the Chartered Institute of Marketing, 2007.
Fully qualified founding Chartered Marketer of the Chartered Institute of Marketing in 1998.
Qualified as a Registered Marketer in 1998.
Full Member of the CIM since 1996.
Full Member of the American Marketing Association in 1998.
Part time Associate Tutor for the University of Leicester’s MSc in Finance Masters degree course.
Part time Associate Tutor for the Cambridge Professional Academy's CIMA Membership course.
SOFTWARE SKILLS SET
MS Office including Access, Excel, PowerPoint, Project, SQL, Word; Dreamweaver UltraDev and MX, Fireworks, GoldMine Front Range CRM v4 and 5, PGP Security, RSS, SEO, TCP/IP, XML.
Member of the Association of MBAs
Full Member of the American Marketing Association
Full Member of the Chartered Institute of Marketing
Season ticket holder at Manchester United Football Club.
24 Charlton Drive, Cheltenham, Glos GL53 8ES, UK
Tel (01144) 01242 521967 (Only during office hours GMT, please)
You can find out more information on Web Guru